Keeping you informed
Newsletter June 2020
New Puppy Daycare
Added a puppy to your family over lockdown? You’re not alone!
We have seen a sharp increase in the amount of puppies coming in for their first vet checks & we are loving seeing so many North Shore families enjoying their new fur kids!
Going back to work soon?
Have a puppy between 8 and 16 weeks of age?
Looking for a safe environment where your puppy is socially, mentally and physically engaged while:
- Preventing separation anxiety.
- Maintaining toilet training.
- Preventing destructive behaviour.
- Fast-tracking response to human cue words.
- Learning that the the world (both inside and outside, strange or familiar) is the happiest and most relaxing place to be through positive proactive socialisation.
Our new puppy daycare is run by Katie Bedrossian, a qualified and experienced positive dog trainer with 15 years hands on experience, a Diploma in Canine Psychology, a certified Fear Free Professional and a Puppy Start Right Instructor.
Call today for more information and to book! 99880198
Hill’s Pet of the Month
Kiwi is a gorgeous 7 month old Scottish Fold kitten who won us all over when coming in to have his teeth checked. Kiwi had red sore gums that Dr Angus diagnosed as stomatitis. It is a is a very painful, often debilitating, chronic condition resulting from severe inflammation of the mouth tissues. Dr Angus performed a dental scale & polish under general anaesthetic to keep Kiwi’s teeth clean & trim any angry red gum tissue. We will keep a close eye on Kiwi as he grows Thanks for being such a brave boy Kiwi! He will receive a bag of Hill’s T/D food to make sure his teeth get the daily cleaning they require.
Meet the team – Vet Nurse Clare
Clare is a new family member here at Turramurra Vet & we asked her some questions to get to know her:
What pets do you share your life with?
A cheeky bunny named Coconut who demands all the cuddles!
What do you love the most about the challenge of being a veterinary nurse?
Coming in each day with a new rotation of patients where I am able to provide the utmost care to each individual & then seeing them bounce back out to their family at the end of the day! No day is ever the same, so I am constantly learning and challenging myself.
What is your favourite thing to do outside of work?
Exploring the beautiful bushland and beaches of Sydney and stretching out with some yoga.
Clare is pictured with gorgeous Weimaraner puppy Blu.
Get to know the rest of #teamTurra on our website.
Keeping you COVID safe during vet visits
The Turramurra Veterinary Hospital team would like to thank all of our wonderful clients for their understanding and cooperation since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In response to the NSW government easing restrictions, we have been delighted to start welcoming you back into our reception and consultation rooms with your pets.
Social distancing requirements are still in place in all businesses, so to assist everyone in staying safe we request the following:
- Only have one adult accompany your pet for their visit – thanks for your understanding
- Adhere to social distancing at all times and maintain at least 1.5m between people. We have implemented a 3 person rule for clients in reception. We request you wait outside until the reception area can maintain the 1.5m requirement.
- Check-in with reception when you arrive and you will be directed to a seat in reception or a consultation room (it is possible you will be asked to wait outside for a short time until another patient has been checked out)
- Call for advice if you are unwell rather than attending the clinic
- Card payments are preferred at this time, however we will accept cash payments when required
Our veterinarians will see you and your pet in our consultation rooms, which are thoroughly cleaned in between each patient. These rooms allow for a total of two people (this means your veterinarian and you!). If our vets require the assistance of one of our nursing staff to perform your pet’s examination, we will take your pet through to our treatment area while you wait+.
Our thorough and frequent cleaning and disinfection protocols continue as usual to keep you and your family as safe as possible.
We thank you in advance for your help in keeping our community safe.
Our grooming team of Frances and Maiko are continuing to pamper pooches Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please fill in the online grooming check-in form prior to your pet’s appointment – this makes the check-in process more efficient for you. We are currently booked out 4 weeks in advance so get in quickly to reserve your pet’s spot for a spruce-up!