Tick paralysis is an EMERGENCY
Ticks and Tick Paralysis
If you notice any of these signs, phone Turramurra Vet on 9988-0198 – prompt treatment could save your pet’s life.
Never solely rely on a product to protect your pet.
Turramurra Vet Hospital
Tick Prevention Tips
Simple measures can reduce the risk of tick paralysis:
- search your pets all over daily for ticks;
- especially focus on the neck, head and ears;
- remove ticks immediately using Tick Twisters (available from Turramurra Vet);
- regularly administer tick preventatives, our preferred product is Bravecto;
- clip your pet’s coat short if long-haired, to make tick searches easier;
- phone Turramurra Vet immediately on 9988-0198 if you observe signs of tick paralysis – poor appetite, vomiting, coughing, weakness or collapse;