Important information about keeping everyone safe
COVID-19 Safety Plan
COVID-19 Safety Plan
Turramurra Vet Hospital (TVH) have always prioritised the health and safety of our staff and clients. TVH is continuously implementing and improving our COVID-19 safety protocols throughout our hospital on the advice of relevant health authorities.
All TVH staff are required to adhere to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as well as the following COVID-19 Safety Protocols, as part of our measures to protect everyone in the TVH community.
Health and safety measures
- All staff, clients and contracted personnel entering the TVH premises will be required to scan our QR code using the COVID Safe Check-In on the Service NSW App and Check-Out when leaving the premises.
- All staff members and clients resuming face-to-face consultations or classes must adhere to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
- TVH Staff and clients are not to attend the practice if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19. TVH reserves the right to prevent staff and clients entering the premises who are exhibiting such symptoms and request a negative COVID-19 test before returning to work.
- Any TVH staff member who has tested positive for COVID-19, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be required to isolate at home for 14 days and follow the advice from NSW Health before returning to work. Staff deemed close contacts of a COVID-19 positive employee will need to follow the advice from NSW Health and self-isolate until a negative test is returned or until NSW Health clearance if obtained.
- Masks are available for employees and clients as required and currently are compulsory in all TVH settings for staff and clients 16 years and over, including when attending our practice for veterinary consultations or puppy classes (on or off-site).
- Hand sanitiser (with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the active ingredient) is readily available at the TVH reception, as well as on consultation desks and near computer terminals.
- Signage is available showing staff examples of good hygiene, including but not limited to:
- Covering coughs and sneezes with their elbow or a clean tissue
- Avoid touching their face, eyes, nose and mouth
- Disposing of tissues appropriately and hygienically
- Frequent hand washing of hands
- Avoiding physical contact such as shaking hands, patting backs or high-fives
Physical distancing and surface disinfection
- TVH currently adheres to the 1 person per 4 square metre policy within our veterinary consultations and puppy classes.
- Cleaning of frequently touched surfaces via disinfectant wipes is undertaken at regular intervals during the day.
- TVH employs weekly commercial cleaners who work after hours to provide a hygienic workplace for all staff.
- Medical teams are trained in barrier-control nursing and infectious disease transmission as part of their qualification, which has assisted in disease prevention and control.
Turramurra Vet Hospital has always and will continue to prioritise the health and safety of our staff, clients and local community.
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns in relation to our COVID-19 Protocols, please email our business manager at firstname.lastname@example.org